Peerless Cleaners was founded in 1915 by the Becker family and operated until 1932 when purchased by Paul Lerch. Mr. Lerch operated the business until 1964. Paul's son Thomas assumed control and over the past 35 years expanded the business to 3 plants, 20 retail locations, 2 home delivery routes, and a carpet cleaning division with 3 trucks. Steve Grashoff purchased the company from Thomas Lerch in October of 2000 and continues to operate the company with the addition of Commercial Laundry, Leather Care and fire, smoke, and water restoration (CRDN of Northern Indiana). The residential carpet division was sold in March of 2002. In July of 2015, Peerless Cleaners moved from Main St. (picture of Main St. Location) in Ft. Wayne to their new plant on Hillegas Rd.
Company Profile as of August 2015
Operates 1 central plant at 4121 Hillegas Rd. in Fort Wayne
- 10 drop stores - 7 stores in Fort Wayne, 1 in Warsaw, Angola, and Auburn
- 4-home delivery routes in Fort Wayne area
- Several agency accounts and commercial accounts
- Fire, smoke, and water restoration division (CRDN of Northern Indiana)
- Approximately 100 full and part time employees
- Total in house maintenance department
Corporate offices are located at Hillegas Rd.
Since 1915 Peerless has served Northeastern Indiana as the oldest full service cleaner in the area. We have built our reputation on expert service, quality, value and attention to detail. Our experience allows us to determine the best cleaning method for each individual garment. Trust Peerless with all your garment cleaning. We make the process as easy and convenient as possible.